Kathleen's Oatmeal Cookies
Makes about 2 dozen... depending how big you make your cookies!
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1.5 tsp cinnamon
3 cups cooking oats
Chocolate chips or raisins optional
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the butter mixture. Mix in oats. This is when I usually add in chocolate chips! I never measure here... whenever I think there's enough (and you can never have too many chocolate chips!)
4. Grease your cookie sheets. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. If you'd like, sprinkle a little sugar on top.
5. Bake for approximately 8 to 10 minutes. You'll start to see the edges turn a little brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.